- Clean your hands!
- Prepare a mixture of SEA SALT and warm water (1/2 tsp salt to 1 cup water)
- Soak a cotton bud and clean any crusties/discharge from the piercing
- For oral piercings use the same mixture to gargle
- Do this 2 times per day for one week
- Afterwards, clean as necessary
- Do not over clean – your body has both good and bad bacteria, over-cleaning removes the good bacteria that you need and can be as bad as not cleaning your piercing!
- Do not twist your piercing or play excessively with your piercing while it’s healing
- Do not change the jewelry before the recommended time, unless otherwise instructed by your piercer