- Leave the Dermalize plaster on your tattoo for at least 3, and up to 5 days. Usually by the second or third day, there is a significant amount of fluid built up under the bandage due to your body’s own healing liquid being produced.
If there’s a lot of fluid built up, remove the plaster after the 3rd day.
- If the bandage starts to peel off at the corners, cut those peeled off parts carefully, to avoid the tattoo being exposed.
- In order to remove the plaster, run warm water over it for 15-20 minutes (the water will help loosen the seal) and peel off gently.
- After the bandage is removed, wash the tattoo gently with plenty warm water and pat dry.
- Air out the tattoo for a good 15 minutes before applying aftercare (available in studio). The tattoo will start scabbing, so it’s important to keep it moisturized and avoid any exfoliating.